Ceramics Expo 2018 - Show Review
A thoroughly upbeat and satisfied crowd departed Cleveland on May 3 as Ceramics Expo 2018 closed its doors on yet another resoundingly successful three days. There were plaudits from all sides for the professionalism, layout, visitor experience and fully charged business atmosphere.
- 2,904 attendees from 34 countries and 6 continents visited the I-X Center over three days, proof that Ceramics Expo truly is a worldwide event for the ceramic and glass industry.
- The exhibition hall hosted 286 exhibitors, including some of the biggest names in the industry such as CoorsTek, SCHOTT North America, Corning, CeramTec, Kyocera, Morgan Advanced Materials, Saint-Gobain Ceramics, Ferro Corporation, Johnson Matthey, Lucideon, NASA Glenn Research Center and more, all showcasing their latest ceramic technology and services. 60% of exhibitors secured their booth for 2019 further testament that the event continues to attract high-quality attendees year after year.
The Ceramics Expo Conference impressed yet again, with speakers from Ford, NASA, Pratt & Whitney, Samsung SDI, Medtronic and more. The leadership panel on day one set the pace for the conference as experts discussed the main challenges facing the ceramics industry.
- A host of new features for attendees included daily networking events, the Product Showcase, Innovation Trail and Industry BenchPress.
- The Product Showcase featured exhibitor presentations of the latest ceramic technology. Arnaud Roux, Sales Manager at 3DCERAM SINTO commented “the Product Showcase was a good experience. It was a good opportunity for us to present our innovation to an engaged crowd.”
- The Industry BenchPress provided an interactive session for visitors allowing attendees to vote on the key subjects from within the ceramic industry through a live polling app lending their voice to the debate.
- A wide range of networking opportunites throughout the show ranged from complimentary breakfasts, breakout discussions and daily receptions to the show appreciation party held on its booth by sponsor GeoCorp. Ferro Corporation's Research and Development Manager, Charles Baldwin said “Ceramics Expo has been a great opportunity to meet with key customers and suppliers – we’ve also had the chance to connect with buyers from aerospace, technical, advanced ceramics, electronic, production and laboratory equipment producers. It’s been a great show!”
Facts and Figures
Videos from Ceramics Expo 2018
Ceramics Expo 2018 - The highlights!
Interview: Mark DiPerri, Business Development Manager, Toshiba Advanced Materials Division
Ceramics Expo 2018 - Show in a Go
Interview: Mark Wolf, Vice President of the Fine Ceramics Group, Kyocera International
“Ceramics Expo is especially useful for ceramic component manufacturers such as ourselves because we get to meet our customers and new suppliers. It is a nice place to get everything done in one place at one time.”
Tony Finoli, R&D Manager, McDanel Advanced Ceramic Technologies
“It’s been fantastic. I presented at the show this year and the organization has been flawless. The great thing about Ceramics Expo is that it’s very focused on creating business opportunities.”
Gordon Nameni, Senior Editor, BCC Research
“We love this show. We get to interact not only with some of the exhibitors who are our customers but also with some of our other external customers. We love being here and seeing what new technologies are out there. We are definitely coming back.”
Krista Grayson, Director of Sales, Mo-Sci Corporation