The American Ceramic Society Bulletin covers science, engineering, and business news of interest to the ceramics and glass community, as well as activities of the Society and its members. The Bulletin publishes monthly, except for February, July, and November, in print and electronic formats (see details at www.ceramics.org).
Inside every issue of the Bulletin you will find great content to help you know what’s happening in your industry, including:
• Feature articles—in-depth, expert-written articles on topics such as ceramics for energy production, additive manufacturing, glass surface engineering, and bioinspired materials. Authors are leading subject experts working in industry, academia, and government labs.
• The future looks… interesting! Topics for 2015 include materials for energy, engineered refractories, manufacturing, glasses in communication, optical glasses, ceramics for a clean world, ceramics in medicine, and materials for extreme environments.
• Departments—“hot topic” reports written by the Bulletin editors. These brief stories cover the latest R&D coming out of the world’s leading laboratories, manufacturing trends, policy and economic developments, business headlines, and, occasionally, quirky news about ceramics and glass.
• Society pages highlight ACerS’ vibrant, global community. Society events and awards, student activities, accomplishments of ACerS members, and more are all covered in the ACerS Spotlight.
• Extras! Besides news, news, and more news, the Bulletin publishes program guides to ACerS conferences, announcements on new products and services, book reviews, student-written columns, and a calendar of events.
• ceramicSOURCE — Your “go to” business resource is the leading buyer’s guide in the ceramic and glass industries. With over 800 companies worldwide listed, you can easily find a vendor with the right product or service, when and where you need them. ceramicSOURCE is published in full in the December Bulletin and is available online at ceramicsource.org