Ceramics Expo is excited to announce that the call for papers for the 2019 edition has opened.
About the conference:
This free-to-attend conference is North America's leading industry event for the application and manufacturing processes of technical ceramic and glass materials. The conference is specially designed for engineers and decision makers from OEMs and Tier suppliers in the aerospace, automotive, electronics, energy, medical, and industrial applications.The 2019 conference brings together all layers of the supply chain to discuss industry trends, application development, material selection, innovative technology ready for commercialization, and advances in processing technology.
Call for speakers is open:
We are currently developing the agenda for Ceramics Expo Conference and welcome your input into our research, as well as inviting you to submit your own talk proposals. Please also feel free to submit a form if you are keen to participate in a panel discussion, or have any ideas for innovative session formats.
The 2019 conference will focus on topics including, but not limited to, the below:
- Costs and industry financial issues, such as economic forecasting, lower priced production oversees
- Regulatory impact on the industry, industry standards and government incentives
- Workforce development
- Overviews of technical hurdles that need to be overcome in future markets
- Innovative technology/research ready for commercialization
- Application of advanced ceramics in: automotive, aerospace, electronics & communication, energy, medical, and industrial applications, structural ceramics, battery technology,
- Material properties: electric, thermal, optical, wear and corrosion
- Improving mechanical properties of ceramics
- Innovative material research being done in areas mentioned above
- CMCs, quartz, SiC, polymer derived ceramics, metal ceramics, etc.
- Materials characterization
Process improvement, innovation, and best practice of:
- Additive manufacturing/3d printing of ceramics
- Applications of big data in manufacturing processes
- Improvements in resin formulation, slurries, additives, rheology
- Improvement of forming processes such as: slip casting, pressing, tape casting, ceramic injection molding (CIM), hot isostatic pressing (HIP), etc.
- Improvements in debinding, sintering processes
- (Precision) finishing
- Testing and analysis: analytical methods
Why you should be there:
- Learn about the latest advancements in technical ceramic materials
- Discover the unique benefits that ceramic materials have to offer
- Gain new ideas and hear about trends in the ceramics market
- Relax and network with like-minded professionals at the evening drinks receptions
How to apply to speak:
If you would like to submit an abstract you can do so using our online form below. The deadline for proposals is Thursday October 4 2018. and we will endeavour to review all submissions within 6-8 weeks.
Fleur Jonker – Conference Producer
email: [email protected]
tel: +44 1273 916 313
USA toll free: +1 855 436 8683
*Please note: Proposals will not be accepted by email and must go through the web form.